Friday, October 3, 2008

The Ideal Accessory: The Scarf!

Hello there! Alison here (aka Ali J). Since this is my first blog post, I should tell you a bit about myself and my family. I am a stay at home wife and mom- and I loooove my job. I really love fashion, style, etc. and have always dreamed of a way for me to express this interest while still being at home and raising my family. So, here it is!! With the help of some lovely friends from church, and the support of my family, I have started up this little business. You can read more about it, and my intentions for growth in the future, at http://www.alijboutique.com/.

On with the blog!! Since it was my interest in scarves and pashmina that got the sales part of Ali J Boutique going, I thought I would start out by blogging about these lovely accessories.

I find there is no better way to add a bit of class than to tie on a bit of color or texture with a scarf. You can have a whole closet of neutral clothes (black, brown, navy) and a bunch of scarves and people will think you have an immense closet. People's eyes are drawn to them!

I used to think scarves were just for the more mature generation (smile) or for a woman glamming it up for the night, but with the many styles out there right now, that just isn't the case! Add to it the numerous ways to tie them, and you can have your very own signature look that is age-appropriate and just plain stylin'.

Scarves also never go out of style! While the type or way to tie may change, when you invest in a scarf, you can count on being able to wear it for a long time. Sometimes stores push them as the 'thing' of the moment, which they are doing this season, but that doesn't take away from their longevity. Places like Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Gap have them right now (to name drop a bit;). Gap has even named them the "Must Have #4" of the season. They may be a bit more expensive however. Besides my own preference for them, this is another reason I have them in inventory- to get them out to you friends at a reasonable price!

You have seen me use the word 'Pashmina' and oh- how I love them-so soft, so lovely! Sorry to tease, but I will have to expand on the types of scarves in a future blog. So please check back for future explanation!

So find that perfect scarf for you- tie it on how you like it- and be confident that the bit of class you were looking for is evident when you walk out your door! And I am here to assist in any way I can;)

~Ali J








Tying on a bright colored scarf can add so much to a basic outfit! It doesn't hurt that her purse is so cute too! Thanks, Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment