Friday, October 17, 2008

Scarf Style: Home Edition

Hello there! Wow- week three already! I plan to continue on the "scarf topic" for a few more weeks, as I have heard and seen sooo many great ideas for scarves recently. I thank everyone for giving me suggestions and for being so open with ideas that will really boost my business. I would name drop here, but you know who you are, you lovely ladies in my life!!!!


Now, on with the blog...
One of these great ideas came from my mom-in-love, Bev, who suggested using scarves all around the house as table settings, runners, on top of dressers or hanging from mirrors or lamps. What a wonderful concept! I have shopped for runners, etc. before and I thought them kind of expensive. My mom, Linda, the amazing seamstress she is, has been so generous in making me lovely runners, curtains, etc. But now that I am doing this business, I can afford to switch it up much more often, just using the scarves I already own!!

One thing I thought may seem strange is to grab that scarf that has been gracing your table for a week and put it on before you run out the door. But, why not?? It looks completely different when scrunched and tied around your lovely neck. You just happen to be smarter than the gal who buys both- hey we all know that feeling of pride when you figure out how to look great and pay less than most everyone else (hello 75% off clearance sales!!).

So I will end the talking here and let you see for yourself the lovely arrangements you can make with your scarf being the inspiration for the look:










A Silvery dinner for two. Using the Silver Accordian Pashmina and the Silver Fishnet Metallic Scarf.













Share a Valentine's Day inspired dinner anytime! Using the Pink and Silver Houndstooth Pashmina.

















Greens, oranges, browns. What a beautiful contrast to this table setting. Using the Brown and Rust Accordian Pashmina and the Green Ombre Pashmina.















Basic and classy. Using the Green Ombre Pashmina alone.


















Two tones of orange and brown, a perfect fall combination!
Using the Brown and Orange Bubble Print Pashmina and the Brown and Rust Accordian Pashmina.

No comments:

Post a Comment