Friday, February 18, 2011

fAsHiOn FrIDaY!!!!

Okay Ladies! Here are the results from 6 days of Fashion Questions on Facebook:



Day 1: Which is your fave cut in jeans: skinny, boot cut, slim, flare, or wide leg???


The consensus???? Boot cut comes in first, but some of you are non-discriminatory and love all the styles. And there was one shout out the the increasingly popular Pajama Jean. My only dislike about these "jeans"?? The name! Come on- couldn't they be called Fancy Pants, or Skinny Minnies, or Jeggings....oh wait....Hey- isn't it great that these days, ALL cuts are IN STYLE?!? I love that!! Uh-oh, does this mean I am going to be stuck in this era, and my kids are going to have to do a closet intervention in about 10 years? hmmmm....


Day 2: Which hair style has been your favorite over the years??


I only had one response for day 2 (thanks, Karen!) so this tells me that we women are never satisfied with our hair. Okay, that may be an extreme assumption, but isn't it true? We get it cut, and it is really cool for like, 3 hours. Then walks in a friend with a really cute new wedge cut, and suddenly you feel like you are sportin' a mullet! Case in point? Jennifer Aniston's response to her all-time popular cut, "The Rachel": "How do I say this? I think it was the ugliest haircut I have ever seen." according the the February issue of Allure magazine. Okay, I get it. (Karen, still waiting for that photo :)


Day 3: Is it okay to wear open toe shoes in pictures?


This question came about because my sweet mom thought it was a "rule". Like no white before Labor Day (Is that the rule? Does anyone follow it???) So, I am so glad to see the overwhelming opinion is YES!! Cuz I want to be rockin' some toe cleavage! (Hey the other bridesmaids get to have the OTHER kind, so...)


Day 4: What is your go to date outfit?


Everyone answered with an accessory- scarf, more jewelry, etc. And a great pair of shoes! Let's face it- heels are hard to wear all day long, so if we can be taller for a few hours, it actually will work. Unless you are going to a wedding. Then, I suggest you invest some $$$ into a great pair of well-made sexy shoes, or you will be the one getting her toes stepped on and sticky because your feet will be ~naked~ Some shoes I like? These:





Sofft Brand St. Germaine. $112. Cute floral detail, sturdy enough heel without being chunky, and the inside is like walking on marshmallows. NO kidding!!


Day 5: What type of scarf gal are you?


All I have to say for this one- thanks for the subtle hints, gals, you know you have the hook-up :)


Day 6: More important: being trendy, or dressing to your shape??


You said either "shape" or a "bit of both". I really like Karen's answer. As women, we have such different shapes that we need to find the styles that flatter us. I am so passionate about women finding the clothing to fit their curves, and not trying to make a certain size or brand or style forcibly work on them. YOU are not the issue if your clothes don't fit, THE CLOTHES ARE!!! Let's give ourselves a break, and if it doesn't fit, pitch it!!!!! oh, and be trendy with accessories! totally.



Day 7: Trendy Cowgirl style belts with buckles.


Sorry if this was a tease, but I am getting them in the future. I promise you will LOVE THEM!! I haven't seen belts this cute since my mom rocked some pretty awesome ones in the '80s. I had to wrap them around twice on my 6 year old waist, but I still LOVED them!! So, here is a "teaser session"





YOU LOVE THEM, YOU REALLY LOVE THEM!!



Thanks so much to the ladies who gave their opinion....now, to all of you who DIDN'T...you just may end up on this blog, famous! So, Keep the opinions comin!!! :)








~Ali
















































1 comment:

  1. Cute belts....I thought you were talking the one's with bling....in my opinion these are more fun!

    ReplyDelete