Thursday, November 10, 2011

Numbers

In all honesty...I LOVE TO HELP GALS FIND THEIR PERSONAL GOD GRANTED STYLE! What to do I mean by that? I mean God created us all unique. Different. And just right. We have our own preferences, tendencies, comfort levels, aka {STYLE}. This new blog is the place we (Anna, Stacie, and I) will try and help you find your sweet spot with your style.


Topic today: Numbers.


I have to start with a quote from Joyce Meyer: "You gotta learn to take what you got and do the best with it. If you can improve it, improve it but if you can't, learn to love it."


That being said, are you ok with your numbers? It is something I have been thinking a lot about since opening the store. I have 5 lines of denim, and each run differently. Therefore, when I am helping a gal pick out jeans to try on, she may have to grab an 8 in one line, and a 14 in another. It is just the nature of the industry. But, these numbers throw gals. It is probably a huge marketing scheme for some of the labels, but the jeans that run larger sell more. Hmmm.... Why do ladies care what number is on the inside of the label? Nobody else sees it! I couldn't guess what one gal is to the next, because we are all SO DIFFERENT!!


So there is the issue. Focusing on a number. We have to get to the point where we use the number as a guideline to grab a piece of clothing off a rack, but NEVER use it as a measure of our worth. NEVER again feel better about yourself, or worse, because of the size you pulled on that morning. Be healthy for your shape, yes, but never put yourself down. If you are getting healthy, putting yourself down will NOT help you reach your goal anyway!


I am 5'10. I am 155 pounds. I am a size M/L on top, 8-12 on bottom, depending on the brand. Those are my stats- they don't define me. These numbers do: I am a wife to 1. I am a mom of 4. I am a daughter of 6. I am a sister to 5. And ultimately, I serve 1 God.


Embrace the numbers that count. Really truly count.


Blessed,


No comments:

Post a Comment